Let's perform the below steps to unpair the AmpliFi HD kit router/mesh points:
- Download the attached firmware file on your Laptop.
- Plugin the HD Router/mesh points to the power that you want to unpair.
- Press and hold the reset button for 40 sec (until all of the LEDs are blinking fast).
- The WiFi with SSID for mesh point will appear as "AFi-P-HD-[end of the serial number]-Recovery" and for the router, it will be "AFi-R-HD-[end of the serial number]-Recovery".
- Connect a laptop to the Recovery WiFi SSID, open browser (Google Chrome or Firefox), and in the URL enter http://amplifi.lan or
- Then update the custom firmware file for the router and the mesh point that was downloaded in step 1.
- Once the firmware is uploaded successfully, the devices will unpair automatically.
- After a successful unpairing process refer to this article to add the unpaired AmpliFi HD router/mesh points to the existing AmpliFi system: https://help.amplifi.com/hc/
en-us/articles/360016183893- Adding-AmpliFi-Standalone- Devices-as-Mesh-Points#1
I have attached the firmware file for the router and the mesh points.
AFi-R is for the AmpliFi router.
AFi-P-HD is for the mesh points.